OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD - January 1st-February 29th, 2024
ONGOING APPLICATIONS - All School-Year
Open Enrollment Applications for the 2024-2025 school year are available starting January 1st, 2024 through February 29th, 2024 for families interested in enrolling their children into one of Kairos Public School's academies for next school year. Any applications dated after February 29th, 2024 at 4:00 PM will be numbered in the order they are received.
LOTTERY* - Should the number of student applications, submitted by the stated deadline, exceed the number of spaces available in any given grade, a random public lottery will be held to determine admission, per the requirements of Ed Code 47605(d)(2)(B).
The following guidelines apply to the application process (please see "Admission Preferences" below for complete details and policy):
By law, all Kairos Public Schools applicants are accepted by a public random drawing.
The lottery drawing will be Thursday, March 28th, 2024 at 4:00 PM via Kairos Youtube Channel
Applicants not drawn for enrollment in the lottery will be given an order number for the "wait list."
All families will be notified by email and/or text of their status in the lottery drawing.
It is the responsibility of the guardian/parent to notify Kairos of preferences that apply to the applicant, and to provide verification of that preference.
Should your child not be accepted and would like to reapply for the following school year, you will need to submit another application form during open enrollment the following year.
*Applied to Open Enrollment Applicants only
* 2018 21st Century Exemplar School in Washington DC
* Civic Learning Award of Distinction - 2021
* Civic Learning Award of Merit- 2020
* Civic Learning Award of Merit- 2019
* Civic Learning Award of Merit- 2018
* Civic Learning Award of Merit- 2017
* Civic Learning Award of Merit- 2016
The public random drawings shall be conducted in stages in accordance with the following preferences in the priority order listed below. These preferences are authorized in accordance with applicable law.
If the Charter School receives a number of applications that exceed the number of available seats at any given grade level, a random public lottery will be hosted and preference for the available spaces and will be given to students consistent with Education Code section 47605(d)(2)(B) in this order:
1. Siblings of currently enrolled Kairos Foundations and Leadership Academy students
2. Children or grandchildren of Kairos Employees and/or current Board of Directors, Foundation Board Members and elected Advisors to the Board
3. Students enrolled in other Kairos programs by October 1st of the current school year. (KPS BP No. 6004)
4. Sibling(s) of students enrolled in other Kairos programs, as long as the sibling was enrolled in the other Kairos program by October 1st of the current school year. (KPS BP No. 6004)
5. Students who qualify as Socio-Economically Disadvantaged from anywhere in Solano County.
6. Scholars whose residence is within one mile of the KPS program they are applying for.
7. Students on the waitlist from the previous year (who submitted an application during the open application period for current year enrollment).
8. Students residing within Vacaville Unified School District boundaries
9. All other students
*Applied to Open Enrollment Applicants only -- all applicants dated after Feb. 29th, 2024 at 4:00 PM will be numbered in the order they are received.
Kairos Public Schools welcomes all students and families to join our educational community regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, academic performance, special education status or English learner status. We are excited that you are interested in joining our community.