OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD - January 1st-February 28th, 2022
ONGOING APPLICATIONS - All School-Year
Open Enrollment Applications for the 2022-2023 school year are available starting January 1st, 2022 through February 28th, 2022 for families interested in enrolling their children into one of Kairos Public School's academies for next school year. Any applications dated after February 28th, 2022 at 4:00 PM will be numbered in the order they are received.
LOTTERY* - Should the number of student applications, submitted by the stated deadline, exceed the number of spaces available in any given grade, a random public lottery will be held to determine admission, per the requirements of Ed Code 47605(d)(2)(B).
The following guidelines apply to the application process (please see "Admission Preferences" below for complete details and policy):
By law, all Kairos Public Schools applicants are accepted by a public random drawing.
The lottery drawing will be held on March 31st, 2022 at 4:00 PM via Zoom. HERE is the link.
Applicants not drawn for enrollment in the lottery will be given an order number for the "wait list."
All families will be notified by email and/or text of their status in the lottery drawing.
It is the responsibility of the guardian/parent to notify Kairos of preferences that apply to the applicant, and to provide verification of that preference.
Should your child not be accepted and would like to reapply for the following school year, you will need to submit another application form during open enrollment the following year.
*Applied to Open Enrollment Applicants only
* 2018 21st Century Exemplar School in Washington DC
* Civic Learning Award of Distinction - 2021
* Civic Learning Award of Merit- 2020
* Civic Learning Award of Merit- 2019
* Civic Learning Award of Merit- 2018
* Civic Learning Award of Merit- 2017
* Civic Learning Award of Merit- 2016
The public random drawings shall be conducted in stages in accordance with the following preferences in the priority order listed below. These preferences are authorized in accordance with applicable law.
If the Charter School receives a number of applications that exceed the number of available seats at any given grade level, a random public lottery will be hosted and preference for the available spaces and will be given to students consistent with Education Code section 47605(d)(2)(B) in this order:
1. Current KPSVA Site-based students
2. Siblings of currently enrolled KPSVA Site-based students
3. Children or grandchildren of Kairos Employees and/or current Board of Directors, Foundation Board Members and elected Advisors to the Board
4. Students of other Kairos programs
5. Sibling of students enrolled in other Kairos programs
6. Scholars whose residence is within one mile of the KPS program they are applying for.
7. Students on the waitlist from the previous year (who submitted an application during the open application period for current year enrollment) for the same program for which the applicant applied, who reside in the Vacaville Unified School District boundaries.
8. Students residing within Vacaville Unified School District boundaries
9. Students on the waitlist from the previous year (for students who submitted an application during the open application period) for the same program for which the applicant applied, who reside outside of the Vacaville Unified School District boundaries.
10. All other students
*Applied to Open Enrollment Applicants only -- all applicants dated after Feb. 28th, 2022 will be numbered in the order they are received.
Kairos Public Schools welcomes all students and families to join our educational community regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, academic performance, special education status or English learner status. We are excited that you are interested in joining our community.